Register Your Property as a Location
Looking to rent your home, business or other property as a filming location? We can help you get noticed.
Renting space to film and television productions can provide a good source of income and potentially attract worldwide attention. Better still, it’s something to tell your family and friends!
You can submit photos and contact information online or send us an email so we can upload them for you.
Thank you for your interest in submitting your property to the Vancouver Island South Film and Media Commission’s digital locations library. There are two ways to register your property as a location:
- Upload your photos directly to our database through the Creative BC website. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
- Email us your photos, and we will add your property to the database manually. To submit your photos please follow the guidelines below:
Choose the MEDIUM setting on your camera; image size needs to be minimum 1-2 MB. Photograph your property using the widest shots possible.
1. Exterior photos
- Start with the outside of your property.
- Shoot your neighbourhood street looking both ways.
- If it’s a house, take a wide shot of the house, driveway and yard.
- Take a wide shot of the back as well as the sides of the property.
2. Interior photos
- Next, shoot the inside of the property one room or area at a time.
- Pay attention to any special features (bay windows, indoor pool, stairway).
- Try to duplicate the experience of someone arriving at the location walking through the building.
- Stand on one corner of the room you are photographing and take a picture.
- Next, take a “reverse” shot by walking over to the opposite corner of the room and take a photograph of the area you were just standing in.
- Show entrances in your photos if possible.
NOTE: Do not take “closeup” shots of door knobs, pets, or decorative items.
3. Save the photos
- Save each image as a .jpg file.
- Make sure you label each location photo accordingly (eg. “kitchen.jpg,” “bathroom.jpg,” “back view.jpg”).
- Please do NOT add any text directly onto a photo, we are unable to use any images containing text.
- We only accept images submitted as individual .jpg files.
4. Additional information
- Include ALL your contact information – Full name, email address, phone number, address of the property.
- Include any other information about the property such as available parking, noise concerns, proximity to highway or airport, filming restrictions, etc.
- Please remember to provide contact information including the property owner or authorized person, phone numbers including cell number, address and postal code with your photofile.
5. Sending your photos
- Send us photos labeled correctly by email.